Tuesday 27 March 2018

Go on, you know you like a challenge

I have several friends who like what I make and are in the habit of asking me to create special cards for them to give to others.  It's a lovely compliment to know that they trust you to create cards for them.  I've been doing this for several years and my techniques have changed and I like to think I've got better at it.  So much so that a couple of my friends have taken to asking for - let's call them 'Challenging' cards.  I can guarantee that some of the things they come up with are definitely not available on the high street. 

So, Ang's mum has a birthday coming up.  She often asks me for cards so it was nice when Ang asked me if I could create a card for her to give to her mum.  'She's into Highland Cows' she said.  OK...Highland Cows...Right!  Leave it with me I'll see what I can do (silently screaming and asking myself why I set myself up for these things).  Anyway, it turns out it was a lot easier than I thought.  What do you think.


She's called Morag (the cow - not Ang's mother) and she's available from Dr Digi's House of Stamps.  She turned out way better than I expected and I had such fun colouring her I did another one straight after.  She's coloured up with my favourite set of brown Tria markers.  I usually use them for hair but they worked even better here.  I popped her onto a plaid background so I could enter her into this week's Passion for Promarkers Challenge - use ginghams or plaids.  

I can honestly say I would never have attempted to colour something like this without being asked.  I suppose I should be grateful to my friends for helping me to develop my skills.  I just hope she likes it as much as I do.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

4 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Dawn, well done finding such a super image - it sounds like it is perfect for your friends Mum.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, Dawn - just perfect for the recipient, who I'm sure will love it! Great colouring of Morag, you've achieved such texture in her hair.
    I too get some rather strange requests for cards, I've had Egyptology cards, a static caravan with Westies and white lilies and even a sheep's heart, for someone who was studying veterinary care (?!)...to name but a few! Well done on your 'challenge' card and thanks for playing along with my theme this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness, this is amazing!! Im loving Morag!!! Bet your friends Mum loves her too, Thanks for sharing on Passion for Promarkers this week, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Dawn. Your colouring on Morag is amazing, the shading and depth of colour looks fantastic. I'm sure your friend loved it. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete