Saturday 8 April 2017

Curvy



I am seriously excited this week to have the chance to be guest designer at Less is More.  The challenge for this week is to include a curve on a one layer card (I know!  Little Miss Fussy Cut here doing another one layer card).  I only hope I am up to it.  I am in awe of any Design Team Member on any Challenge blog.  I don't know how you do it.  I have gone through so many different ideas.  Some of them even made it to card fronts.  You never know I might enter one of the 'also rans' later this week.  The one thing I did discover is that, not only can I not draw a straight line, I can't draw a curved one either.  Which meant I was going to have to use a stamp with a curve to it.  Here's what I came up with.


I love with the curvy banner between the two birds but it needed something to make it stand out.  Hence the stippled heart behind the image.  It does mean that the banner now looks lop sided but I actually like it.  I had to add the sequins to stop the image getting lost in the middle of my card.  My intention was to stamp some little hearts but all the very many heart stamps I have were the wrong size.  Anyway, I love how simple it looks.  I hope you do too.

Now it's your turn.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

9 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty, delicate card, Dawn! I love those sweet birds with their banner and the heart behind them... so romantic! The sequins add just the right amount of sparkle. Thanks for being our awesome guest designer this week at Less is More and making such a beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Those swirly birds and their banner are gorgeous Dawn. Loving the delicate and soft colours you used on the card as that helps to emphasise the swirls and curls. Ha! I'm with you on the number of cards that made it to the 'not good enough' pile ;-) mine ended up being huge! Thanks so much for guest designing for us at Less is More this week - it was lovely to have you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Dawn, so pretty and delicate.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very soft and sweet card....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the scrolly design of the bunting and birds, so pretty in those colours too. And the sequins balance it out beautifully. Great to have you guest designing with us this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Dawn with soft and pretty colours. Congrats on being the guest designer at LIM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet design. Thanks for guesting for us at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Dawn and a perfect little scene, showcasing that curve brilliantly. Dreamy subtle colours and your masked heart BG add such elegance and interest. Fabulous inspiration and i hope you manage to use your other cards too. I usually have my earlier attempts on the reverse of my cards then crop them later!!! Thanks for guest designing for us this week and have fun! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done Dawn ! What a great idea to add this soft blue heart as a background for your adorable stamp ! It really makes it ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete