Monday 2 May 2016

Pretty Paper

I have to admit that I'm just a little bit awestruck having found that Pauline Bird is following my blog.  Please take a look here and you will realise why I'm so pleased.  Thank you for following me Pauline, I'm going to have to up my game now!  There is a reason that I mention this - it's not just some crazy blog stalker being overwhelmed and grateful.  It was through Pauline's blog that I discovered another challenge blog.  Crafty Hazlenut's Patterned Paper Challenge is a new discovery for me and a good excuse to use up some of my ample paper stash.  I pretty much always use designer paper on my cards but it's always as a background to whatever stamp I'm using.  Well, I've been inspired to focus on the paper this time instead.  A crafting friend of mine gave me a Laura Ashley paper stack at least a year ago and, although I love the papers, I just couldn't think of what to do with them.  Here's what I did with one of the sheets.


It is such a pretty paper I didn't want to cover the pattern up like I usually do.  I printed a digital sentiment (from Pink Petticoat - who are unfortunately no longer trading) and added it to the ribbon and finished it off with some grey gum drop things (they are sparkly but is doesn't really show on the photograph).  I have to admit to loving the final card so much I made two more - one for Church and one for spare.

I hope you like it.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card Dawn, your paper is beautiful - I can see why you didn't want to cover it up.
    I'm so pleased that I introduced you to Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline. You may have gathered, I'm a huge fan of your work x

      Delete
  2. A beautiful card Dawn. I love the paper you have used, such a lovely colour. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x

    ReplyDelete